The Community Christmas tree returns next week as a welcome sight in another year blighted by Covid.
After the Borough Council stopped providing the tree, Our West Lancashire led the community effort to raise funds to reinstate it from 2017 onwards. This year, thanks once again to generous sponsorship from a local business, plans are advancing for a large 20 foot plus tree to light up the area in front of the town’s iconic Parish Church.
However, this is only possible with the continued generous support of local residents without whose donations it would not be possible to erect the tree each year.
So, if you feel able and wish to be part of the community effort to maintain this local Christmas tradition then please donate by:
- Using the button below to make a donation online either using Paypal or your debit/credit card.
- Writing a cheque made payable to Our West Lancashire and posted to 9 Greenacre, Westhead, Ormskirk, L40 6HR. Please write Christmas Tree appeal on the reverse of your cheque. The fund is kept entirely separate for this purpose only.
- Donating to the collecting tins at Scott’s Butchers; Sweet Memories; or the Local (formerly Bargain Booze) in Ormskirk Town Centre.
Thank you to those below who have contributed this year
- Mr Thompson’s Bakery – Main Sponsor
- The family of the late Chris Lloyd RIP – Chris was a main sponsor of the tree in recent years and is missed
- Betty Underwood
- Kay Hanley
- Mitch Mitchell
- Marion Barrow
- Paul Armstrong
- Nicholas Heath
- Dot Hawkes
- Jennifer Waite
- New Ormskirk Residents Group
- All those making donations through the collecting tins
- The Borough Council for providing the electricity for the lights
- The Parish Church for covering insurance
- Massam’s of Halsall for the tree
- P&R of Skelmersdale for electrical works
Photo Credit: Mike Price